On average, 20% of a company’s customers are responsible for 80% of their future profits. It pays for you to say thank you. You can say thank you in an email but it’s not very personal and may not get opened.
While computers, social media, and email are great for business, they don’t say thank you to clients in a way that builds a relationship. While advertising and marketing can bring in new leads, it is less expensive to retain a recurring client than it is to bring on a new client. In addition, good client experiences and thank you’s could mean referrals from those clients without any advertising dollars spent!
Here are 5 ways you can say thank you to a client after completing a job:
- Send a personalized gift – have promotional items made with your company information and send a gift with a note. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy but be unique and think outside the box.
- Offer an upgrade or discount on future purchases – send a thank you with that discount included.
- Offer a free service during a challenging time – if you can add extras to your service at no additional costs during a difficult time it will make an impact with the client.
- Offer a referral gift – if your client refers their friends and family send them a special gift to say “thanks”.
- Send a personalized thank you card – sending mail isn’t the norm anymore so sending a personal card can make an impact and get those referrals sent your way. We are huge fans of the company Uplift, which allows you to personalize and send a professionally printed greeting card right from your computer.
Sending thank you’s should be a part of your marketing strategy. You don’t want to keep adding clients to a pile you will eventually send a thank you card to and never do. Sending a thank you can make the difference between a returning customer and one who forgets who serviced their home. Returning clients also = referrals all because you added a thank you at the end of their service.