Is your business ready to get on Instagram? We’ve seen helped home contracting and remodeling business bring in business by showing off photos of their work on this social media platform. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting started.
- Download the Instagram app. Unlike Facebook or other social media platforms, it’s easiest to get set up on your phone. You CAN get started on a computer, but you’ll need a mobile device to finish the process – so you might as well start there!
- Create an account using an EMAIL address. There is the option to just use your Facebook page but don’t do it! It’s much easier to share access with your team or anyone helping you manage in the future if you have a business email address tied to the account instead of your personal account.
- Set up your profile and choose an image. Follow the steps and fill out your information. You can always go back and edit if needed! For your image, we recommend your logo, or if you are a solo contractor you could use a headshot.
- Convert to a business account. After completing your profile setup, go to “Settings” (the gear icon in the upper right) and click on the link that says “Try Instagram for Business Tools” and follow the prompts.
- Link your Business Facebook Page. There are quite a few integrations available between the two platforms including advertising!
Then you can get started posting pictures of your work!
Not sure what else to post? Take a look at the Home Pro Vault – where we have HUNDREDS of posts, ready-to-go for you to post on your new Instagram page.