There are hundreds of websites your construction business can be listed on so that you can be found locally for search and many of them are FREE.
Adding your website to directory listings is helpful for a few reasons.
- It helps your website rank higher in search results (SEO is a big buzz word and this helps your website’s SEO!)
- When people look for information on your business, these listings show up. If the information is wrong or missing, they will move on to the next business!
Finding time to keep your business everywhere can be a challenge so we are making it easy for you. The big thing to remember is that you should utilize the FREE listings, but rarely does it make sense to pay for a premium listing or platform-specific advertising. With that in mind, check out the list:
- Google. Click Here for “Google My Business” and list your construction business there. When your business comes up in a google map search it will also list the address, phone number, hours and whatever other information you include. This is usually the FIRST thing (after ads) that show up when people “google” you.
- List your business on Facebook! It is free to create a business page on Facebook and you should absolutely have all of your information listed there. This gives you a chance to promote your business in a different way. You can interact with your customers on your business page and even pay for ads that target those people (and others). Click here for instructions on how to set up a Facebook Page.
- Yelp competes with Google and Facebook when it comes to your future customers searching businesses and their reviews. Search your business to make sure it’s not already on yelp and if it is, then claim it. Click Here to check and follow the steps to add your business on Yelp and let the reviews start rolling in!
- Apple Maps. There are over 100 million iPhone users in the US. Apple is the default mapping tool. When someone does a search for a local business on the iPhone the top results are typically from Apple. Click here to claim your business on Apple Maps.
- Yellowbook is also another area to list your business. Adding a basic listing is free and adds you to yet another search option someone can find you in. Click here to add your business to Yellowbook.
- Bing for Business – Places for Business is a Bing portal, similar to Google, that enables business owners to add a listing for their business on Bing. Click Here to claim your business on Bing.
- LinkedIn. You should be on LinkedIn with both a personal account and a business account. LinkedIn is a great place to build a brand and can help rank your business on google. You can put out content that shows you are a knowledgeable business owner. Click here to sign up for LinkedIn.
- Angie’s List. This is a site that consumers can go to for recommendations on certified professionals for a project. It is free to list your business (don’t get sucked into paying them – It’s NOT worth it!). Click here to list your business.
- Thumbtack. This is another site that recommendation professionals for projects. It is free to list your company. Click here to sign up for Thumbtack.
- Houzz provides the best experience for home renovation and design, connecting homeowners and home professionals with the best tools, resources, and vendors. Click here to sign up for a free account.
- Porch. For moving and improving and everything in between for consumers’ houses. To sign up for your free account click here. You pay for the leads you want to receive.
- BuildZoom send bids to customers looking for a contractor. The customer then compares and decides who to hire. Click Here to sign up.
- NextDoor. A social app that allows neighbors to connect with each other. Click Here to add your business.
There are hundreds of other free listing sites, but these are the top. It’s so important to make sure that your business information is complete and correct across all online directories!